Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Update on Conference

Write2Ignite! is amazing!
We  finally got to the hotel and unpacked our stuff, then checked in at NGU, the university that it was held at. First off the announcements was the flash contest. I know that sounds totally wrong, but it's not. It is a writing and illustrating competition. You could only do one or the other. The flash part means you had to submit it the next day. 500 words or less. I chose writing, and wrote a little story I like to call: Do Not Take the Cat to the Vet. I'll post it later. I didn't win. Oh well. But it will still be posted on the Write2Ignite! blog, so go to http://write2ignite.com to see it!

 The next morning E, C (my friend), and I had breakfast with my FAVORITE author, Jenny Cote!! I usually tend to think of authors and artists as people who are so busy they only half listen to a conversation while looking at their watch every five minutes. Not at all with Ms. Cote! She really listens to you, and she's friendly!

 We attended the L.A.U.N.C.H. party (Learning And Understanding Nefarious Canned Ham)
The name train was kind of embarrassing. the next activity was writing a back story on how our SPAM became evil, after which decorating it.

Not only Mrs. Cote, but Torry Martin was also one of the speakers. You know, the guy they based Wooton Bassett off of in Adventures in Odyssey.
He is hilarious! He also gave some really good writing tips.
Another speaker was Tony Snipes, an artist. All possibilities were soon revealed to us as he spoke.
All in all it was incredible!

Elsie Mason

ps. I took a picture of a punch buggy with eyelashes! not kidding! here it is:


No comments:

Post a Comment